Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve and I'm not feeling the spirit or joy of Christmas at all. It's raining and the area I live in lack the joy and celebration of the holidays. I wish I was somewhere else instead of being home with my family (I don't feel any bond with them). I want to be somewhere that is full of joy, snow, and Christmas decorations. I feel so lonely and depressed. I wish I had loving family and friends to be with and give presents to experience the joy I've long for over 10 years. Where is God? Since He knows what I want, why hasn't He given what I want? I've been waiting for over 10 years. Is it because I haven't prayed enough or that I haven't prayed correctly?

Dear Lord,

Please heal my feelings of pain, depression, despair, hopelessness, bitterness, etc. Please give me the friends I need in my life. Please let me experience the joy of Christmas. And please help me with my struggles. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Staci

No comments: